Brand positioning and messaging
January 2012 – February 2012
Project Management Duties
• Brainstorming about the overall marketing strategy with the creative and public relations team.
• Managing the project scope, goals, and deliverables during the messaging exercise.
• Coordinating with the creative staff and copywriters to develop the brand position and copy.
• Delivering project timelines, month-end reports, and coordinating with account management for invoicing and billing.
• Representing the creative team in meetings with the client and the 451 Marketing public relations team.
Mobee is a Boston-based, rewards-driven smartphone game that allows customers to evaluate businesses and give direct feedback to business owners.
451 Marketing worked with Mobee to develop brand messaging to better communicate its point of differentiation to users and potential clients or business owners. 451 Marketing began the process by defining the target markets and creating matching personas. From there, we created value proposition statements that evolved into positioning statements. After the positioning and messaging exercise, 451 Marketing translated the findings into overview language and elevator pitches to effectively communicate with each audience.
Our findings from the brand messaging exercise led to the development of the tagline Mobee: Make it Your Mission.
Once the brand message and positioning was decided, Mobee began their engagement with the public relations team to raise awareness about the app in a regional campaign.
© Elizabeth Bond